Seeds have many health benefits over our bodies. While it is true that you cannot consume seeds of all the plants, as some of them are poisonous; however, some of the seeds you can not only consume but you can use it in a variety of healthy preparations too. From supporting healthy hearts to managing our weight, seeds have many benefits over our bodies, and today I am sharing the benefits of 4 super seeds and 1 spice.
In my process of body transformation, I have experimented with many seeds, vegetables, and fruits. There were a large number of people who used to suggest me my diet. In the process I researched about a lot of them and today I am sharing some valuable pieces of information with you.
Here I would like to introduce to you to 4 super-seeds which helped me in reducing my weight, as well as reversing my diabetes.
The 4 Super-Seeds are as follows:
Super-Seeds No.1: Cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum L)
Cumin is a leafy plant, that grows low to the ground in China, India, the Middle- East, and the Mediterranean region. The fruit of these plants is called the Cumin seeds. It is very popular all over the world. We use cumin seeds in our daily food preparations almost regularly. Much medical research on these super-seeds have proved that they have all kinds of health benefits.
Benefits of Cumin seeds:
- Cumin Contain antioxidants, which can help human beings to be in a healthier and energetic state, and also help to keep your skin from looking aged.
- It has anti-cancer properties that have the ability to stop cancer cells from multiplying.
- Cumin seeds can treat diarrhoea.
- It helps to controls blood sugar.
- Cumin seeds fight against bad-bacteria and parasites in our bodies.
- Cumin seeds have the capacity to control the inflammatory effects.
- It can help in lowering cholesterol levels in our body.
- Cumin seeds aid in weight loss.
Super-Seeds No.2: Flax Seeds (Linum usitatissimum)
These seeds originated in the Middle-East thousands of years ago. These have gained much popularity as a health food across the world. Flax seeds are usually brown or yellow in colour. They are sold whole and are often processed into flaxseeds oil. Flax seeds are loaded with nutrients and are high in Omega-3 Fats.
Benefits of Flaxseeds:
- Flax seeds are rich in Omega-3 Fats which is good for health, usually found in Fish. If you are vegetarian, it can be the best source of Omega-3 Fats.
- Flax seeds are a rich source of Lignans. Lignans are plant components that have antioxidant and estrogen properties.
- Flax seeds help to lower the risk of cancer.
- They are rich in Dietary Fibers.
- Flax seeds help to improve Cholesterol. These seeds can reduce the bad cholesterol in our bodies.
- Flax seeds lower the blood sugar level as well as blood pressure levels.
- Flax seeds contain quality proteins. 100 grams of Flax seeds contains 18 grams of Protein.
- Flax seeds keep hunger at bay, which may aid in weight control.
Super-Seeds No.3: Fennel seeds (Foeniculum vulgare)
Fennel seeds are the most popular seed in the world. They also are used in many food preparations across the globe. India is the largest exporter of fennel seeds. Fennel seeds contain many minerals like Copper, Potassium, Calcium, Zinc, Vitamin C, Iron, Selenium, and Magnesium. They are used in curries to increase the taste and also have many health benefits.
Benefits of Fennel Seeds:
- Fennel seeds can regulate blood pressure.
- Fennel seeds reduce water retention in the body.
- Fennel seeds keep cancer away.
- Fennel seeds help to purify the blood.
- Fennel seeds reduce Asthama Symptoms in our bodies.
- Fennel seeds improve eyesight.
- Fennel seeds can fight against Vata, Pitta, Kapha. https://www.ayurveda-products.eu/content/ayurveda-and-health/ayurveda-tips/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vata-pitta-and-kapha
Super-Seeds No.4: Ajwain seeds (Trachyspermum Ammi)
Ajwain seeds are also known as Carrom seeds. Ajwain is derived from an herb plant that originated in our very own country. Every Indian is familiar with these seeds. It is often added to Dhal Tadka, Curries, and Pickles, etc. The benefits of Ajwain are plentiful.
Benefits of Ajwain:
- Ajwain regulates Cholesterol level.
- Ajwain helps to manage blood pressure.
- Ajwain aids in digestion and stomach problems.
- Ajwain Fight Inflammation.
- Ajwain helps to treat cold and blood.
- Ajwain helps in curing Asthma and boosts the respiratory system of our body.
- Ajwain helps in diabetes
- Ajwain aids in weight loss.
Cinnamon sticks (Cinnamomum Verum)
Cinnamon is a super delicious spice, which is also prized for its medicinal property. It is one of the mandatory spices found in every Indian kitchen. Cinnamon not only enhances the taste, but it also has a plethora of health benefits.
Benefits of Cinnamon:
- Cinnamons are loaded with Antioxidants
- Cinnamons have Anti- Inflammatory properties.
- Cinnamons cut the risk of heart disease.
- Cinnamons improve the sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
- It helps to lower the blood sugar and it has powerful anti-diabetic effects.
- Cinnamons fight with the HIV Virus.
- Cinnamons fight with Bacterial and Fungal infections.
How would the 4 super-seeds and the super-spice help me reduce my weight?
Before I give away the recipe which would help you to reduce weight, I would like everybody to develop a habit of drinking warm water first thing in the morning.
Drinking warm water in the morning is good for your health as It protects our bodies from Kidney and digestion related problems. It plays a vital role in breaking down food substances and thus aids in digestion.
Now, coming back as to how to reduce weight? Well, here I would suggest you to add 1 tbsp of powder which contains Cumin seeds, Flax seeds, Fennel Seeds, Ajwain, and Cinnamon into the glass of warm water.
Here I am sharing the recipe of powder which we can mix with warm water. This powder contains all the health benefits. It specifically helped me in losing belly fat.
Cumin seeds: 50 Grams
Fennel seeds: 50 Grams
Flax seeds: 50 Grams
Ajwain: 25 Grams
Cinnamon sticks- 2 (Large)
How to do?
Step 1: Dry roast all the seeds and Cinnamon stick one by one 3 minutes, each.
Step 2: Let it cool for some time.
Step 3: Transfer the seeds and cinnamon in a grinder to make a smooth powder.
How to use it?
Add 1 spoon of powder to 1 glass of warm water and mix it with a spoon. You can store this powder for a long time. Just remember to store it in a dry place.
If you want your desired result from this powder, use it a continuously everyday first thing in the morning. Along with this do make a habit of doing a minimum of 30 minutes exercise every day.
It will definitely help you get to your desired weight as it helped me and in the process it also helped me in reversing my diabetes.
I hope this article was of use to you.
Bye-bye for now, would be coming back with new health tips in my next article.
Till then, Stay fit, Stay healthy.